Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Man proposes, God disposes

Half of me was missin' last week. Dominik was away with my ex-mother-in-law for a couple of days. I realized very soon that he became a part of me, perfectly built in my everydays and I started to miss him even on the first day. I tried to engaged myself doing things that I cannot do as a single parent. For example jogging before work early in the morning… Then I found out that why can’t we do it together, tho’ not in the mornings but in the evenings? We have already started the training at his greatest pleasure – inserted a playground halfway as a motivating factor.
Returning home from Balaton, I looked forward him with his favourite dishes: mushroom soup and poppy-seed crescent rolls (named ”mákos guba” in Hungarian). We had great joint programmes the following day like eating out then sitting into the movie (Cars 2) – BTW this can be entitled a milestone because this was the first time being in the cinema…
And now, I realize that his passport is invalid, otherwise we would be sitting on the beach of Tunisia or rather would spending our time with Family Lassu from Calgary, here in Hungary… Plans were modified and postponed accordingly. The best solution would be to visit Robi and his family in Calgary, wishing him the soonest recovery personally and taking a bit from Europe along because I know exactly how anxious they were to visit Europe. And the other hand, there is Viki and her nice family in Ontario, whom I eagerly want to meet as well. If only I can manage these personal visits as easily as I would like to. Plans can be modified, can be postponed but can be brought forward as well! ;-)

1 comments:

Nancy (kis mama) said...

We are so sad to not be there, it is a hard pill to swallow but we are so thankful that Robi is now healthy, on the mend and that it all happened here in the comfort of our home town. We miss you guys tremendously and can't wait to re-plan our visit in the near future.
We would like to try to chat through Skype if you can, Robi tried to add you yesterday. It would be nice to hear your voice. We too would love if you could plan a visit to Canada, we are beside ourselves with excitement with the prospect/dream. Love to you all. xoxoxox son puszi