Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Snowing

I’m staring out of the window sitting at my desk in the office. The falling snowflakes and the snowy landscape flatter me. I’d go for a walk for choice on the hill over there. Unfortunately, it mightn’t be so cold outside, I see melting the snow from the cars parking.
The party was great at the weekend, although there were problems around the preparations. I was afraid of not being ready with the planned things. I baked the pancakes to 2 AM the previous day and I was nervous because the meat and salad arrived just in time, and all my plan almost collapsed. The menu consisted of ”palócleves”, ”hortobágyi húsos palacsinta”, ”sonkasaláta”. Chris & me created these dishes and my mother was so kind and helpful to prepare the dessert. These were ”hájas sütemény”, ”sajtos golyócskák” and a fancy cake called ”bombajó”. The guests were satisfied with everything, they liked and praised everything and I only can hope they didn’t lie. We tried to do our best.

1 comments:

Robert said...

It sounds excellent! What a wonderful meal and a wonderful time. It's interesting that your home was filled with family and friends on Sunday and so was ours. Nancy spent over 10 hours Saturday preparing and she did a fantastic job too. I am sure no one had to pretend that everything tasted great!