Monday, November 21, 2011

MartinDay Entertainment & LockParty Experiences


The children in the kindergarten were preparing for Martin Day eagerly for a long while with jack-o'-lanterns and self-made lamps, with songs and histories; the parents with saulty biscuits, bread and dripping with onion on top, roasted pumpkin, mulled wine and hot tea... What choice morsels! We have prepared cheesy twisted fingers with bacon inside.













The following evening I was to participate in a so-called lock party where the female participants got a lock, the male participants got a key and could try whether the key opened the lock... At first it sounds a bit bizarre, but to tell you the truth, the idea itself is genius, the brilliant opportunity to engage in conversation is given accordingly. I think this was the first and the last time I visited such a place inspite of the good impression made on me. Lock party checked off.

2 comments:

Nancy (kis mama) said...

That all sounds exciting, I would love to hear more about your experiences at the party.

The bacon twists sound right up my children's alley - I will have to make that soon. Is it pretty simple, or will I need an exact recipe?

Rita said...

Dear Nancy,

You need puff-pastry to roll out then paint with vitellus, add salt, place bacon slices, rasp cheese on top, put another coat of pastry, cut doublefingered slices, curl them up then take into the oven.