Thursday, September 21, 2006

Convalescence

It’s high time to get well. I was ill for more than a week. I didn’t stay at home because I knew that I would’t have relaxed or have a rest. I tried to cure myself of the cold only with hot honeyed tea. I’m against medicament, I swallow a medicine only in case of emergency, when it’s necessary very-very much. My wisdom tooth-growing was of this kind. Anyway, it’s said that the illness lasts for a week without medicament – 7 days with medicament. There was only one day when things changed for the worse. At that time I decided to have a sick-leave but by next morning I was much better. By now, only my voice is that I don’t like.
Krisz had a nightshift last week and still works at night this week as well. They have a lot of work (from September always, then the top is in December with calendars, Xmas cards, leaflets, cds…) and the printing mashine need to operate round the clock, it mustn’t be stop in the management opinion. He is very exhausted, he hardly can sleep by day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope you, Rita will be feeling better soon and that Krisz will get the much needed sleep that he needs to work and does not get sick as well from exhaustion and stress.
Mitchell was starting to come down with a cough, but I started him on meds right aways, and it seems to have gone away!!
Take Care and get well soon,
Janine

Nancy (kis mama) said...

Rita, you are lucky that your cold lasted only a week. For some reason the colds that have hit us here are so strong and last for so long this season. I had one for 3 weeks and Lassu Dad has a very bad one off and on for a many weeks. We have all been under the weather.
Robb and I too do not like to take medication, so I tried honey tea as well, and then decided I needed something stronger - Rum and Tea.

Anonymous said...

I guess that it must be an international cold this year. Interesting that you are having a bad cold as well as some of us here. Nandi was sick for a month, got better for 2 weeks then I had a cold for one week and now he is sick again with a cold for the past week. It has been cool and rainy here this week but he hardly stepped out of the house.

I sincerely hope that your cold is on it's way out and Krisz must rest more so he doesn't get sick.

Have you heard of Cold FX? Hockey players have been taking COld FX here for a few years and they swear by it. Nandi started those tablets last night. I'll let you know if they work.

Get well soon :-)