Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ordinary Wonders

I intended to go to a nearby store yesterday afternoon. While I was checking my bicycle, I put my purse onto the engine hood. I found the tyres of the cycle inadequate, it was deflated. As I was in a hurry, I decided to drive instead of ride. It goes without saying that I forgot my purse on the hood and started. When I stopped at the store and got out of the car, I immediately got wise to the terrible fact that I lost my purse! How I could be so stupid – I thought. I jumped back into the car at once and stepped on the accelator. „Somebody will pick it up” – had increasingly on my brain. I instantly called my mum who was at home and said her to go out and look for my purse by the house. I was fast (it took less than 2 minutes to get home) and hoped that by the time I arrive it turned up. Nothing. People – children and adults as well – were walking the street and I thought that somebody found it and stuck it. I started the route again when I discovered my blue flowered purse! I was very lucky because it fell on a tuft, so it was not eye-catching, now a loft of people got by it. Thank God! This story had a lucky outcome, not such as my father’s whose car window was broke open broad day at a shopping center in Budaƶrs where he stayed no more than 10 minutes. His briefcase was stolen with the employees’ salaries together with irreplaceable writings, contracts, keys etc. Pain mingled with joy: the fourth day somebody found the bag and return it, everything was in it except the money.

0 comments: