Friday, December 28, 2018

GITEX 2017


This post is also with (more than) 1 year delay, dated back to October, 2017. These trips are so memorable and valuable for me that is why I cannot omit to write about each of them.


 
Dubai is as just fascinating and dazzling for the second time as for the first time.  But every visit, apart from the business part, is unique and unrepeatable.


 
GITEX Technology Week is always the same. Masters of technology are presented in Dubai World Trade Center every year. Now for the 37th time (so we are the same age) involving especially the region of Middle-East, Africa and Asia. Right from world-famous industry names to Silicon Valley’s hottest startups, everyone heads to GITEX in anticipation of big business partnerships, future-ready gear and booming successes. One of my favourite photo theme is the traditional wearing. GITEX is a place where those well-dressed, well-to-do business men are concetrated and get captured by my camera. Such technological exhibition in such rich country is always a smashing experience.




There were a couple of visits organized that made this trip never-to-be-forgotten. For all these big thanks for Yati, Suraj and Janos.


Yati let me into their home and allowed me to see her little baby boy. Yati is an Indian girl, currently on maternity leave, working for the company that distributes our products. I considered as a great honour to meet her and little Daivya. We chat and eat... because Yati prepared more kinds of traditional Indian dishes. 

After the visit at Yati, her boss, Suraj was waiting for me at the hotel and was so kind to brig me on my free day to a special place full of flamingos. I found this place on board during our flight to Dubai and decided to look for. When I asked about it during the first business dinner, Suraj said that the place is very close to their office and would be happy to bring me there. Also big thanks for the choice regarding the locations of the business dinners. One dinner at Atlantis, another one in a prestigous hotel. Tremendous good food, served to regale our eyes. Nice gastronomy experiences, indeed! Thanks for that. Everlasting evenings.

 
This trip brought the possibility to "lost" in the desert and play in the sand for the second time and to take an inside view of the symbol of Dubai, the Burj al Arab. 
Special thanks to my boss to make all these possible. It was quite simple to get in. Simplier than I thought. We just made a reservation for dinner in one of the restaurants, got off the taxi right in front of the entrance. Once we got in the lobby, no people were seen, nobody asked what we were doing there. So we had the great chance to look around thoroughly.






The inevitable window-shopping at Dubai Mall, the flaky milk shakes, the constant view of Burj Khalifa from each point of the city, mosques, the men-women-separated travelling by metro, station names tinging familiar, flying with Emirates Airlines, something amazing - all these (besides the eralier mentioned topics) mean Dubai for me. Visit Dubai. Discover all that's possible.


 

P.S. While I was away, I had the best person to take care of Dominik. Gabor, who was in a hard situation and suffered from my absence again. This was my second and not the last trip without him - organized well in advance before knowing each other.  

0 comments: