Monday, February 18, 2008

First Words

Considerable things happened and are still happening day by day. Dominik is beginning to find his tongue and became very talkative. He started to say ”ba-bba-bbba-ba” at the end of January. In an evening at the very beginning of February the all-day-long chitchat resulted in the first ”meaningful” word: baba (=dolly). His favourite blue coloured rubber rabbit could feel itself privileged because the first word was told to it. The second ”meaningful” word was mama on 13rd February. We were about to go home from Gekko, I was putting on my shoes, he was sitting in his carrier when he said out of nowhere clearly and well understandably: mama. I was so surprised because there was no ma-mma-ma previously. I put the word meaningful in quotes because I couldn’t know if these words were said consciously or they were the part of the new articulation that he started to discover (labials are on now among speech-sound like b, m, p).
Second important thing: rolling over on his side. He took much trouble over a toy holding in hand, lying on back then he turned on the left side and kept playing. He didn’t suspect that I saw him. I felt that he did it so I turned the video camera on. And he did it. He turned on the stomach and pulled out his arm. I go to him and what I was see on his face was a big smile elated with victory. When I couldn’t praise his action highly enough, the smile was change into a loud laugh. And I laughed with him.
Third big thing: he cut 2 teeth. They’re ribbed like raspers and sharp like knives.
And a not too joyful event: he cought his first cold. His nose was running, tears were flown on his face at every sneeze, he could breathe only through his mouth and was in a fever. We had fears, felt sorry for him. He is just an innocent baby, he couldn’t know what it was and what to do with it. Fortunately it wasn’t a lingering illness (2 days) and he took it quite easy.
Valentine’s Day was much more enjoyable and memorable not the same as the last one. Dominik and me was expecting Dad to heart-shaped chicken nuggets, with nicely laid table, candle-light and a little present. Our sweet li’l baby exactly knew how to behave, he fell asleep early.
We got same gatherings over, among others my mother-in-law’s birthday at our place in a surprise party way. This year will be full of round anniversaries: my father’s 50th, Krisz’ 30th birthday and not mentioned Dominik’s 1st b-day.



1 comments:

Janine said...

Yeah Dominik!! Life will be so much fun with Dominik "talking". He is absolutely gorgeous and getting so big. You have an exciting year ahead and we look forward to enjoying it with you from afar in the blogging world.