Saturday, July 21, 2007

The 38th Week

It’s terribly hot in Hungary. The mercury in a thermometer shows degrees above 40 for six days running. It’s tropical. I shudder only at the thought of being outside. The scorching sun is unbearable, the air doesn’t move. We are at home, unless we have some things to arrange. Krisz still has the plaster bandage on his leg, poor boy. He had to visit the doctor yesterday. He really hoped that it had been removed. Unfortunately, he suffered internal bleeding again, so one more week with it. He was said that his knee shows the sign of healing, it’s essentially better.
I hope that this terribly hot won’t have an influence on Dominik’s arrival. (The number of birth dubled because of the weather.) I mean, I would’t mind if he was born earlier but not yet. I still have some things to do before going to the hospital and not mentioned his father’s state. In my opinion he has not more than 2 weeks in my belly. He starts to take place in the birth canal, sometimes I have womb reactions. The orifice of the uterus is closed. I have to go to the bathroom more times during a night and it’s not easy to fall asleep again, every sleeping position is quite uncomfortable in spite of the fact that Dominik is very calm at night (only at night!). He hiccups a lot, four or five times a day. According to the last ultrasound (11/07/07) his estimated weight was 3077 grammes. I started to take some homeopathic medicine suggested by the obstetrix which may ease the childbirth.

1 comments:

Nancy (kis mama) said...

I love the name Dominik, that is a beauitful name. Take it easy these last couple of weeks, both of you.

Please send some photos of his nursery!!!