Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pigsticking

The male members of the family (my father, Krisz, Lajos) got up at dawn on Saturday to stick a pig at my father’s sister’s place in the country 230 kms far away, in Elek. The poor pig had a feeling of his danger because it had eaten nothing for 2 days and had hidden in a corner of the pen. They brought the half of the pig home and prepared the sausage-meat, the greaves, the roast joint and the other „porklings” at home. The boys held their ground heroically in spite of the fact that neither of them have nearly never taken part in pigsticking. We made an end of that day at around midnight.
Xmas preparations are in progress, I primped up the house, my gift supply is rather incomplete than complete, I need to purchase western boots for Krisz, it will be his great surprise. The decoration is just a simple advent-decoration, Krisz remarked that our house is like a souvenir shop, now the best part of it is lag behind.

1 comments:

Nancy (kis mama) said...

I find that very interesting about the reaction from the pig, I wonder how it knew that the end was near? I can imagine how beautiful your house must look, I am sure it looks like a Christmas Wonderland, knowing your tastes and desires. Will you send us some photos?