A big journey came to an end at the end of June. Even by now
I hardly believe that it is over. Four years full of experiences, development,
great deeds, memorable projects, position and role changes, situations that
allowed me to push my limits. So many leaders with different management styles.
So many times being out of comfort zone. So many sacrifice. So many teardrops.
Mixed feelings.
I joined Corteva on the 4th of April, 2022 through a labor
hire company for a definite period as maternity coverage. Started as a
contractor in the position of FS&RE specalist. Once joined, there was not
much time to become familier with everything; I immediately got the office move
project. It was carried out from zero till the complete move in within only 6
months with many comlicating circumstances eg. my then manager (Magda) has to
go away with immediate effect, my function changed due to organization change
and my role was combined with receptionist role, reported directly to the
country leader. (I wrote about this at that time in detail, so no duplication.)
After 8 months of incredible intense work, the new office
was not only ready to move in but also in time, everything in its place.
Without any recognition or compensation for sacrifying my private life, with
endless disappointment I wanted to quit but at the same time I wanted to enjoy
the fruit of my work as a queen of the beautiful new office – therefore I
stayed and waited. It proved to be a good decision as a new leader (Sergii)
came and I saw that there is hope. Hope that the hard work can be visible. He
recognized me and soon got the offer of the marketing program specialist and became FTE (full time employee instead of contractor). With this I got a temporary manager for a few months (Maria), after her I
started to report directly to the country leader again. To the whole office's dismay he was removed
to Romania and I got my current/last manager (Peter). His personality lead
me to make my decision of leaving the company without any hesitation. The idea
has ripened for some time but he, the circumstances, the company split, the position
expansion, the unchanged salary, suspected burnout, all could not hold me back from quitting.
If I weigh, the scale is out of balance. It was me, who gave
more than got. The extremely huge responsibility and work load consumed me
almost entirely. And the problem was not with those times when I had to work but those times that I
spent outside of work. Something was always weighing on me. Chaos and constant change
are inherent parts of a multinational company which I tolerated less and less. If
someone left, no new person was hired but the tasks was scattered among the
existing colleagues – extra work without extra money. Good deal. But not for
the employees. Working for a multi is just like a drug. You become addicted.
There are many benefits with which they make you to stay. Hard to say NO but I
finally managed to. It was neccessary to draw the line somewhere and that was
the point. It was nice it was good but more than enough, thank you. They do not deserve me
any longer. I felt I could not continue it with full heart and soul. Therefore
rather in no way at all than at half steam.
What I am grateful most is for overcoming the ruhibition of
foreign language. I had the chance to use English daily, in everyday work
thanks to the foreign leaders. Then I’m grateful to get to know and work with the
kind of brilliant leader (SK) personally and professionally which probably will
never happen again in the future. Learnt to work extremely independently. Liked
the international background within the company. Like all those experiences
that only such a big company could provide. As a market shaper company we were always
at the forefront. So many events and activities, numerous awards, really felt like we EXIST. I
felt like I’m part of something good, something significant. Farmers know us
and like our products.

I hated the frequent changes. The changes in leadership. The
uncertainty. The extremely high responsibility. No one knows anything. The
hectic work load. The unreasonable decisions. The fact that you are just a
number. And your name is not even mentioned after a great deed.
As for the lessons, I was thinking whether I will act on the same way at another company in the future. The answer is probably yes. With full heart and soul. Because it’s not worth doing it any other way. But should add some brain as well which warn me again if I overdo it if it is at the expense of my private life. And a little more money would not hurt, either.
04/APR/2022 - 31/JUL/2026







.jpg)




0 comments:
Post a Comment